**Clinics are free & available for members and non-members, with no experience necessary**
La Jolla, Calif. (March 1, 2021) – The Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center (JCC) Jacobs Family Campus offers beginner, intermediate, and youth pickleball clinics open to the community.
Pickleball is growing in popularity. The sport – a mix of tennis, badminton, and ping pong – is now becoming even more popular as an outdoor, socially distanced sport. Beginners can learn easily, and advanced players can enjoy the fast-paced, competitive game. To learn more about pickleball, visit https://usapickleball.org/what-is-pickleball/ifp-official-rules/
The JCC encourages players to bring their own pickleball paddle to the court. The level of intensity is a player’s preference and JCC offers different clinics based on experience:
- Beginner Clinics – overview of court and game, basic rules, scoring, proper grip and body placement, and groundstrokes
- Intermediate Clinics – serve and return techniques, improve consistency, develop strategies, drop shots, and point play
Adult beginner clinics are from 9:30-11:00 a.m. on Sunday, March 21 and April 18.
Intermediate clinics will be Sunday, March 28, and April 25, also from 9:30-11:00 a.m.
Instructors are advanced pickleball players, as well as experienced coaches and teachers. Beginner and intermediate clinics are $24 per session, or $20 for JCC members. For JCC members only private, semi-private, and group clinics are available. For more information on pickleball clinics or pricing, visit www.lfjcc.org/qualcomm/tennis.
The JCC follows all county and state COVID-19 protocol and the procedures implemented to reduce the virus spreading include:
- Required entry procedures, including temperature checks & COVID-19 symptom scan
- Required facial coverings over mouth and nose for guests and members 13-years of age and older
- Procedures implementing six feet of distance between members and guests
- Enhanced cleaning protocols
- Appointment/Reservation systems for applicable departments
- Transparent communication and response to individuals/groups that may have contracted the virus
- For more information, visit https://www.lfjcc.org/about/reopening.aspx
For more information on The J, visit www.lfjcc.org.
# # #