**Registration open for Youth “Farmer-in-Training” camps during Spring Break**
Encinitas, Calif. (Feb. 24, 2021) – Coastal Roots Farm announces “Farmer-in-Training” spring break camps to teach kids where food comes from, why it matters, and how they can help change the world. The farm invites children ages 5-10 to “balance screen time with green time” by getting their hands dirty engaging, education-based activities and harvesting their own snacks.
Farm Camp activities include:
- Farm “chores” – digging, weeding, transplanting, composting, and harvesting
- Farm cooking & crafts – pressing flowers, drying herbs, painting, and making salads
- Learning about how food is grown
- Science experiments with seeds & soil
- Singing farm songs, hearing stories, and mindful practice of listening to nature
- Farm-fresh snacks- nutritious, colorful treats
Spring Farm Camp offers two sessions – (session 1) March 29-April 2 and (session 2) April 5-9 – from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Camps are $360 per week with partial and full scholarships as well as sibling discounts available.
In addition to spring break camps, the Farm will also continue to offer its monthly after-school camps, providing childcare support and engaging outdoor activities. Families can choose a month-long session on either Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday.
To learn more information regarding scholarships for spring session or after-school camps, email email@example.com.
Summer registration will be available to families soon.
For more details about camps, visit www.coastalrootsfarm.org/farm-camp.
Due to COVID-19, safety protocols have been put into place, including:
- Camper interaction: Groups will be comprised of 14 campers and 2 staff in a “pod”. Pods will stay together all week and will not interact with campers or staff from the other pod. Campers will notbe asked to social distance within their pods.
- Health and wellness: At the beginning of each day, camp administration will check for COVID-19 updates from the County of San Diego. A health screening and temperature check will be conducted for campers upon arrival at camp each day. Due to current state regulations, both campers and staff will be required to wear masks throughout the day.
- Sanitation: Communal spaces, restrooms, water coolers, shared items, cubbies, and hooks will be cleaned and disinfected several times a day using disinfectant wipes and bleach solutions.
- A full list of Farm Camp Health and Safety Protocols can be found here.
Coastal Roots Farm is located at 441 Saxony Road in Encinitas.
Visit www.coastalrootsfarm.org for more information.
# # #
About Coastal Roots Farm:
Coastal Roots Farm is a nonprofit Jewish community farm and education center in Encinitas, Calif. where we practice organic farming, share our harvest with those who lack access, deliver unique farm-based educational programs, and foster inclusive spaces for people of all backgrounds to come together to connect, learn, and celebrate in ways that catalyze a more vibrant community.
Farm programs are designed to meaningfully benefit the land and the community, from improving the fertility of the Farm’s soil and supporting biodiverse ecosystems, to making sure low-income families have equal and dignified access to fresh, nutrient-dense foods, and providing quality educational opportunities, we seek to foster a healthier community and a more sustainable environmental future for our region.